navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wholesale leccy 540/MWh  (Read 444 times)
brackwell

« on: September 15, 2020, 07:10:16 PM »

At 19.00h    Not much chance for negative Octopus Agile then
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 08:13:30 PM »

Yep- it turns out burning stuff is expensive.  Pretty much all gas and coal up and generating

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
marshman

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 08:16:10 PM »

Does that mean that Octopus Agile will be charging the capped maximum  35p/kWh at this time?

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
nowty

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 08:27:21 PM »

Does that mean that Octopus Agile will be charging the capped maximum  35p/kWh at this time?

Yep, 35p from 5pm to 7pm this evening.

And my house is still fully powered by solar alone, EV full, home battery full, hot water full, storage heater full, and I've still fed 10kWh into the grid today. wackoold

12kW+ of PV installed and 65+ MWh's generated.
Useable home battery storage of 50+ kWh's.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh's.
Storage heaters of 15+ kWh's.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
6kW Ground source heatpump.
310,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
marshman

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 09:02:25 PM »

And my house is still fully powered by solar alone, EV full, home battery full, hot water full, storage heater full, and I've still fed 10kWh into the grid today. wackoold

Nice one  Smiley

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
Fintray

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 10:34:50 AM »

35p till 8pm here and then down to 24.95p for next half hour!

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Philip R

South Cheshire

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 01:13:21 PM »

I do not understand the logic of the national grid or what on earth is going on.

Sizewell B has had a unit shutdown at request of grid for the last few months, we knew that and already discussed here.
Todays access to the EDF website shows that SZB are bringing back the shutdown turbine generator into service and shutting down the running unit. so the derogation continues despite the grid running coal units and most of the CCGTs. To me this seems highly illogical. unless EDF are hiding troubles at SZB, which I do not believe is the case.

Also Hartlepools import has increased, which indicates that the shutdown units gas circulators are now running and the unit is returning to service as we speak.

Torness is now running at full load. Grid derogation now removed.
brackwell

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 08:42:57 PM »

I have a lot of sympathy with Nat Grid, it sure is a resonsibility i would not want going forward.

In the past the supply and demand of leccy was largely predictable but we are now moving to nearly the opposite. Yes we can still get close to demand but supply is what?   You tell me what wind particularly will be doing in 1 months time, will it be flooding the market with excess or non producing. The production of RE is proceeding faster than the means to cater for its variabality.
Philip R

South Cheshire

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 01:11:43 AM »

Only 540/MWh,

With this years coal closures and continuing low nuclear output, coupled with troubles in the French nuclear industry. rioting and troubles in Byelorussia, things could look very interesting. Not for HMG of course whose event horizon is the next half day or end of nose! Time to buy in some alternative solid liquid and gaseous fuels to cook and heat with. Also a good fleece and jumpers too. The above price  for the evening peak will look reassuringly cheap in hindsight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: