navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Panel failure  (Read 195 times)
Tinbum

« on: October 17, 2020, 03:23:53 PM »

For a little while my SMA inverter has been shutting down every now and then, often when damp outside, on inspection it showed RISO was too high. This continued for a while but then I ended up having to turn the isolator off on one string of panels.

Due to my Covid experience I've not had chance to go on the roof to check it out until today. Resistance to earth on both legs showed 0 ohms and voltage to earth differed by one panel indicating a problem about half way down the string.

As this was installed by a so called 'professional company' (now bust) I wasn't sure how the strings went on the roof so removed a strategic panel to work it out. Now I knew a quick inspection showed this;

I wasn't really expecting that.

Off to ring the insurance provider on Monday- I guess one advantage of being ripped off in the first place with an awful installation. (Saying that I'm still waiting for my refund, for returning early from holiday in February, to see Mum for 5 minutes before she died).

85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3 x Sunny Backup 5048, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, Atmos wood gasification boiler, Brosley wood burner, 2000lt buffer tank and 250lt DHW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: