navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiring for novices  (Read 450 times)
djs63

« on: January 04, 2021, 02:17:23 PM »

Hi, deep in research about installing domestic battery system etc and came across a wonderful free “book” - pdf file from Victron entitled “Wiring Unlimited” by, I think, a woman with a Dutch name.

It seems to be comprehensive and explains each and every step. Really, really excellent. Gives me lots of confidence and a feeling that I will understand expert’s input.

6 Kw Proven wind turbine, 15 Navitron evacuated solar hot water tube array and 1.8 Kw PV, grid connected (SMA inverters) and GSHP supplying radiators and UFH. Wood burning stove (Esse 300) and oil fired Rayburn. Rainwater harvesting 4500 litre tank underground and 1500 litres above.  Kia e-Niro
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 02:34:54 PM »

Any links ?

Kidwelly South Wales
djs63

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 03:38:16 PM »

Victronenergy.com/uploads/Wiring-Unlimited-EN.pdf

6 Kw Proven wind turbine, 15 Navitron evacuated solar hot water tube array and 1.8 Kw PV, grid connected (SMA inverters) and GSHP supplying radiators and UFH. Wood burning stove (Esse 300) and oil fired Rayburn. Rainwater harvesting 4500 litre tank underground and 1500 litres above.  Kia e-Niro
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 04:13:15 PM »

Thank you djs63,
       Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
nowty

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 04:58:15 PM »

That link didn't work for me but this does.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Wiring-Unlimited-EN.pdf

12 kW of PV installed and 67 MWh's generated.
Useable home battery storage of 50 kWh's.
Hot water storage of 15 kWh's.
Storage heaters of 15 kWh's.
EV BMW i3 (another 30 kWh's of storage).
6kW Ground source heatpump.
320,000 litres of water harvested from underground river.
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 05:06:54 PM »

thanks chaps

Kidwelly South Wales
djs63

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 03:22:24 PM »

Thank you Nowty and apologies for my useless link bike

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: