navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lux A.C. Controller - BMS charging rate  (Read 166 times)
Ciscoda

« on: February 12, 2021, 12:52:56 PM »

Hi,

I have a 3.96kwh solar edge array linked to a Lux A.C. controller with 3 Pylontech 2.4kwh storage batteries.
 I noticed the other day that my array was producing 2800w,  house consumption was 256w but my solar battery was only charging at 1300w with the remainder going to the grid.
My BMS charge rate is set at 30A and discharge at 75A, is there anyway to increase the BMS charge rate so the batteries charge to the maximum available power from the array..?
Can anyone guide me through the process to increase the charge rate on the BMS if that is possible.

Many thanks.

3.96kw Solaredge Array
LUX AC Controller with 7.2Kwh Pylontech battery storage
Zappi EV Charger
Renault Zoe 50Kwh GT line
kdmnx

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 09:43:26 AM »

Mine does that when the batteries are cold. I have 5x Pilontech batteries and currently discharge is 125A and charge 50A. Are your batteries in an unheated space (mine are in the loft)?

The solution is to buy more batteries! (That is always the solution :-p). But if you push current into them and pull current out of them theyíll soon warm up. The only problem is: the sun being high in the sky and not obscured by cloud happens so fleetingly this time of year, the batteries never really get warm. On the other hand, youíre not actually missing out on much power and you can put the excess into your car with the Zappi...

(Often the problem of a lower than expected max charge/discharge rate is that the pack hasnít recognised all the batteries. The solution to this is to power cycle your pack. However that isnít your problem because the max discharge rate is as expected)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 10:03:05 AM by kdmnx » Logged

12x JA Solar 340Wp panels (total 4080Wp)
Lux Power inverter charger
5x PylonTech 2000 2.4kWh batteries (total 12kWh (11kWh usable))
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: