navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few EVs spotted on my local roads  (Read 421 times)
dan_b

SW London

« on: February 20, 2021, 12:10:11 PM »

I've been out walking a lot in the last few weeks - mental health and all that. Anyway, I started spotting some of the EVs that are in my area.  
There are too many Teslas to count to be perfectly honest, and lots of i3s as well, but the thing that has interested me is the number of new EVs with the green EV plates, and from an increasingly diverse range of manufacturers.  

I've posted a few photos of the ones I've spied in the last 3 walks for your viewing pleasure.  
I've also seen a black Honda-e today but wasn't able to bag a photo, yet!

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 12:11:26 PM »

Eer, that's odd, the pictures aren't displaying?

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 03:50:16 PM »

A pair of Polestars

A Trio of Taycans

Too many Teslas?! (including one with L-plates)

Some Leaves

Cars beginning with "i" - including the Ioniq, the i3 and the i8, the iD3, some iPaces and even an iMEV!

A 5some of French

And 3 beginning with M.  Including the hens-teeth rare Mercedes EQC

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 03:57:17 PM by dan_b » Logged

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
djs63

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 09:19:14 AM »

I used to have an I-Spy book of cars, many, many years ago, and would tick off models as seen. But this is a new  approach, no doubt with a phone camera. Are there loads of chargers to be seen?

6 Kw Proven wind turbine, 15 Navitron evacuated solar hot water tube array and 1.8 Kw PV, grid connected (SMA inverters) and GSHP supplying radiators and UFH. Wood burning stove (Esse 300) and oil fired Rayburn. Rainwater harvesting 4500 litre tank underground and 1500 litres above.  Kia e-Niro
kdmnx

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 09:46:06 AM »

Im yet to see a Polestar in the wild. Teslas are common round my way, as are MG EVs.

Im very very close to ordering an iD4 but not yet seen one of those in the wild either...

12x JA Solar 340Wp panels (total 4080Wp)
Lux Power inverter charger
5x PylonTech 2000 2.4kWh batteries (total 12kWh (11kWh usable))
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 01:46:15 PM »

Yeah I used to do those I-Spy books as well, that's what I was thinking of with this thread  angel

My local council has deployed quite a lot of Ubitricity chargers in quite a few side-streets which I see in use quite often (not least by myself), and on my meanderings I've now come across 4 Source London "zones" - which are basically always empty because their pricing is insane (they charge by time not by kWh).
Then there are a couple of TfL-funded 50kW chargers on the A316/A205, none of which I can use as the bays are designed for cars with front-end charging (the MG in my photos is at one of them).

I've seen a couple of Honda-e  zipping around - a white one and a black one, but haven't managed to snap one yet.  I'm just pleased to see a widening range of BEVs on the road that aren't just Leafs and Teslas. Although there are an amusingly high number of the latter now.

I used to have an I-Spy book of cars, many, many years ago, and would tick off models as seen. But this is a new  approach, no doubt with a phone camera. Are there loads of chargers to be seen?

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Quakered

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 03:09:18 PM »

Im yet to see a Polestar in the wild. Teslas are common round my way, as are MG EVs.

Im very very close to ordering an iD4 but not yet seen one of those in the wild either...

I thought the ID4 has some software issues to resolve yet so may be worth holding off for a little longer....

Patrick

No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford

3.2kw PV and Tesla Powerwall
Jaguar I Pace
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 03:51:25 PM »

The iD4 isn't actually "out" yet although it is available to order, with deliveries starting in March.

VW was infamously having software problems with the iD3, but that's out and plenty of them buzzing around, and I think they now have OTA updates, plus I'm sure the iD4 will have exactly the same software as the iD3.

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
M

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 05:32:10 PM »

I drove to a Supercharger today, and there was a gorgeous new black TM3 with a number plate MY .. TES. Kudos!

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 02:41:35 PM »

Two interesting spots today.

One is a rarity from an era of range extending hybrids.

The other is a brand spanking new Mercedes Van / 7 seater people mover - the EQV.

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: