navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grid Inverters, are there any worth buying ?  (Read 8867 times)
paulg25

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 12:46:37 PM »

Hi All

My 5KW system is now up and running.  I will post some output figures soon.  I have a 6KW Aurora inverter.  It is the first one my installers have used.  They have always used SMA products in the past.  They are quite impressed that with it's input voltage down at less than 50V it is still putting power into the grid (not much but it all helps).  This was with the wind speed hovering around 2 M/S.  Peak output power so far, it was gusty earlier in the week, is 5.8 KW.

All looking good so far.

Regards

Paul
northern installer

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 11:28:43 AM »

According to 'electronic specifier'magazine,12th august,power one has bought magnetek.
Paulg,how is your aurora performing?

"government scrappage scheme still available on Tardis trade ins (dont ask how we get around the deadline...)"
paulg25

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 03:24:16 PM »

Hi Northern Installer,

Although Power One bought some of Magnateks business I am under the impression they sold them back the renewable energy part of it.

I am very impressed with the Aurora.  It has a DC-DC converter built in so it's operational input voltage range is impressive, if the turbine is rotating then power is being put into the grid.  The turbine doesn't freewheel.  It has the Aurora wind interface between it and the turbine as we chose not to rely on the Chinese controller.  The wind interface controls the dump load.
Unfortunately the Chinese controller had a lot of 'teething troubles' and has only recently been sorted.  I am in the process of designing my own controller to replace this.

I will post some figures once it has been running for a while but it seems to be performing well now.

All the best

Paul
ecogeorge
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »

Please Sir , can we have some photo's ??

rgds George.
paulg25

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 08:53:34 AM »

Hi
I couldnt work out how to post photos!!  There are some at this link http://www.flickr.com/photos/28245117@N05/2635572827/in/photostream/

I still have to take some of the control system.

Paul
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: