navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battery Cable Size?  (Read 2826 times)
Shay

« on: May 11, 2008, 08:52:24 PM »

I finally have the PV arraay setup. The turbine mast is installed and I completely fecked myself laying the 3 x 35mm sq. SWA cable the 50m to the battery store in the shed. surrender

Now the array will be 660Wp initially but soon will be 880Wp and the wind turbine is a 300W, all 24v.

I will have some 35mm sq. cable left over, will this be sufficient for the battery interconnects? The max contunuous output of the invertor will be 3000w. Undecided
guydewdney

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:24:02 PM »

35 PER conductor?  Shocked 12mm diameter cable (of copper)?

yes.... it will be fine. Make sure the crimps are good, and slather everything in grease to prevent corrosion. I virtually doubled a certain members capacity  norfolk by doing the connectors up properly, and re-jigging all his battery to battery wires.

Pic of wheel on day 1
7.2kW Waterwheel and 9.8kW PV
Ivan
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:42:10 PM »

I hope that wasn't a snide reference to NI !!
guydewdney

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »

Ni Ivan, it was Bob (iin Ireland)... I stopped by with a mate years ago, and helped out all sorts of stuff... it was that meeting that got me into all this malarky Smiley

Pic of wheel on day 1
7.2kW Waterwheel and 9.8kW PV
Ivan
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 03:01:17 PM »

You mean there are a few members that practice such...er practices?
colinstone

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 06:17:25 AM »

For 3000w at 240v I would use 70mm for cables and if battery is 2v cells at least 100mm between cells.  I've got a 24v 920Ah battery powering 2 x 3000w inverters and have 140mm2  (2 x 70mm2) power cables and 150mm2 cell interconnects.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: