navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Save the planet...fart in a jar !  (Read 2326 times)
lightfoot

« on: July 12, 2008, 04:20:50 PM »

I could do with one of these myself...http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7499067.stm

Mother Nature is a wonderful housekeeper - but eat her out of house and home and you may just get your marching orders.
Ivan
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 10:25:32 PM »

That's got to be a wind up. How would you stop the fluids from a cow's stomach emptying into the bag? How would you seal the tube into the cow's stomach (can be done, but not easy)? Why is the bag full of gas already? What pressure does the cow's stomach run up to?!

It's not a subject that hasn't been covered in depth already. Why not simply put the cow in a closed environment (with an oxygen feed, and perhaps CO2 scrubber), and just measure the rate of increase of CH4 concentration?
NickW

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 11:56:56 PM »

I could do with one of these myself...http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7499067.stm

Reminds me of an old student trick to get a free beer.

Buy and pint and drink half to two thirds. Then hold glass descreetly in place and let rip. Cap pint glass with hand and take to bar. complain to barman that beer must be off and offer glass up - which he inevitably smells  vomit- agrees beer is off and offers free pint of other beer.

I will get my coat horror

Ask Questions, look for evidence, think for yourself

Gold is the currency of Kings, Silver the Currency of Gentlemen. Barter is the Currency of Peasants, whilst DEBT is the currency of SLAVES
lightfoot

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 08:38:55 AM »

Grin ......I hope you asked for a fresh glass  sh*tfan

Mother Nature is a wonderful housekeeper - but eat her out of house and home and you may just get your marching orders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: