navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TDC3-e new developments - Wookey, djh, wyleu et al. please read!!  (Read 54411 times)
wyleu
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2008, 05:10:40 AM »

Using the weather to monitor performance.... fume

BURN THE WITCH !!!!    stir
Paulh_Boats

« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2008, 12:25:58 PM »

Using the weather to monitor performance.... fume

BURN THE WITCH !!!!    stir

Heresy indeed  surrender 

I'd wager 500 bank shares, credit swapped for an 8-track player and hedged with a derivative trade of the rising banana price on the futures market, underpinned by half the shares bet on "Captain Crunch" in the 3.30 at Kempton .... that...   water temp rise is a fixed multiple of sun hours (averaged over a month).

30 tube thermal,
2.3kW PV see:
http://www.solarmanpv.com/portal/Terminal/TerminalMain.aspx?come=Public&pid=17067

LED lighting in every room
NO tumble dryer, +370 kWh per year
wyleu
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2009, 09:26:54 PM »

A quick bit of python just to get the version string....

import socket
import sys

s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
host = '192.168.1.50'
port = 10001
s.connect((host,port))

data = '\x47\xaa\x00\x00\x00\x00\x02\x00v?'

s.send(data)

i = 0
while(1):
    data = s.recv(13)
    i += 1
    print data
    if not data:
        break
    print 'received:-', len(data), 'bytes'

s.close()

dellap:/home/chris# python tcpipclient.py
G�v=TDC
received:- 13 bytes

The logger software fell over here with the 135 error...  Not willing to download the .net comps, cos ..........
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 09:30:30 PM by wyleu » Logged
andyhanson

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2011, 03:14:54 PM »

I started a new thread with regards to this but think I should have just continued this one.

I've just commissioned my TDC3-e and am very interested in getting the data to display on a web page rather than using the supplied software.  The other problem, which is noted, is that the software won't allow connection across the web.

Have there been any further developments on this and has anyone successfully got the data displayed on a web page remotely (even locally would be a start!).  I've just switched across to a MAC and understand this has Perl builtin.  I shall experiment with the coding provided here but would be interested in updates on this project.
Poolguy

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2011, 08:20:15 AM »

Yes we've got loads of progress and more coming.

www.poolguyenergy.com

Let me know if you are interested in the software,
It works on the TDC3e TDC4e and new XDC multi system controller.

Andrew

Navitron Distributor for France
Akvaterm Distributor for France
SUNeLog Distributor
Elite Thermal Cover European Distributor
wyleu
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2011, 09:59:33 AM »

Really good stuff poolguy.  flyingpig

wookey

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2011, 11:58:45 PM »

Only if you've got adobe flash - It displays exactly nothing on my machine (with gnash). Flash is the 2000s - we have better tech now, that also avoids the proprietary trap.

Wookey
njarvis

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2011, 11:09:43 PM »

So my solar heating system, complete with TDC3-e, was finally up and running yesterday (thanks Kenny!), which left me with the task of integrating the controller with my home monitoring system, which is based around MRTG running on a Linux server.  Looking at this and other threads, I couldn't see the piece I was missing - a CLI utility to dump the state of the controller's parameters (like relay state or sensor temperature). 

Using the protocol document Navitron is hosting, I put together a simple Perl script to fetch the data.  I've attached the script as tdc.pl.txt - you should rename the file tdc.pl, place it somewhere on your search path, and make it executable.  I put it in /usr/local/bin on my Linux system.

The script can be integrated into MRTG using configurations like this:

Code:
################################
# Sensor0 temperature
################################

Target[tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.sensor0]: `/usr/local/bin/tdc.pl -tdcAddr tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name -mrtg sensor0`
MaxBytes[tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.sensor0]: 100
Title[tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.sensor0]: sensor0: Solar Collector Temperature
Options[tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.sensor0]: growright, gauge, nopercent, absolute
YLegend[tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.sensor0]: Temp
Legend1[tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.sensor0]: Temperature
Legend2[tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.sensor0]: .
Legend3[tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.sensor0]: Max value per interval on graph
Legend4[tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.sensor0]: .
LegendI[tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.sensor0]: Solar Collector Temperature
LegendO[tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.sensor0]: .

Now I see sensor graphs like the one I've attached, and will be happily monitoring the system over time.

-Neil

* tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.sensor0.png (23.28 KB, 897x354 - viewed 1276 times.)
* tdc.pl.txt (5.82 KB - downloaded 288 times.)
njarvis

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2011, 11:00:18 PM »

The TDC3e/MRTG monitoring system is working well  Wink  The gap in the graph below is where the server was being moved into the new office.

I've made the live output available on my home's web site: http://home.neil.jarvis.name/

-Neil

* tdc3.nat.neil.jarvis.name.cfg-_Combined-w-x3.png (85.19 KB, 897x496 - viewed 1203 times.)
andyhanson

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2014, 05:33:52 PM »

I'm trying to get this script to work with my TDCe but I'm new to programming and Perl so am struggling Sad.

Ideally I'd like to get this running on my Synology NAS and use the inbuilt web server to view the sensor outputs.  However initially I'd just like to run the script on my MAC and be able to view the live data - that would be a great start Smiley.

Can anyone please provide some basic guidance on how to get this working?
wookey

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2014, 03:27:35 AM »

I know nothing of macs. You need perl installed in order to run perl scripts. Windows people use 'activestate' perl. I have no idea what mac people do, but I'm sure perl is available as they are more-or-less BSD underneath. Does your NAS run linux?

Wookey
djh

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2014, 10:22:58 AM »

I know nothing of macs. You need perl installed in order to run perl scripts. Windows people use 'activestate' perl. I have no idea what mac people do, but I'm sure perl is available as they are more-or-less BSD underneath. Does your NAS run linux?

I don't know about perl on Macs either, but http://www.perl.org/get.html reckons that it is already installed and tells you how to test it. Andy, if you're just starting, I would stick with whatever version Apple have provided, at least initially.

Cheers, Dave
andyhanson

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2014, 06:38:40 PM »

Thanks both of you for replying.  Yes my NAS has Perl installed and running so no problem actually running the script on that.  My MacBook also has Perl buitin so again no issue there.  My main issue is not knowing how to get the script running for my TDC.  I tried executing the script on my MacBook but get this error:

Can't locate GD.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.16 /Network/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.16 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.16.2 /System/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.16 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16 .) at TDC.pl line 56.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at TDC.pl line 56.

I have no idea what GD.pm is but it's obviously required for this script to run.  Any pointers would be appreciated and apologies if this is all very basic  Embarrassed
wookey

« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2014, 11:38:37 PM »

OK. @INC is the perl 'search path' - i.e all the places it looks to find modules. GD is a graphics output module, from 'libgd' which on this Debian box comes from the libgd-gd2-noxpm-perl package (and is installed in /usr/lib/perl5/GD.pm)

So the short answer is probably 'install libgd-perl' for your machine. Again I have no idea how mac people install perl modules. Some clues here, perhaps: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7261921/installing-gd-library-for-perl-on-macosx-10-6

It ultimately comes from here: https://metacpan.org/pod/GD
(CPAN is the perl module archive)

Wookey
andyhanson

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2014, 07:52:02 PM »

Thanks once again for your reply, it's much appreciated.

I've had a another look at my Synology NAS and this has Perl installed as well as a builtin web server with PHP which allows the GD extension.  From this I'm hoping it might be easier to run it on the NAS than on my MAC.

I also have an old PC running Windows 7 so I could try installing it on that just to see how the script works.  I'm trying to understand how it works and how you connect it to the TDC.  Do you have to specify the IP address somewhere in the script or does it ask for this when you get it running?  I've set my TDC with a static IP and the script obviously needs to know this in order to extract the sensor values.

Thanks again for continuing to advise.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: