navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2v batteries  (Read 16069 times)
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 07:02:37 PM »

Hi at a guess 115AH from the model number.

Rich

I guess  about 400 AH - 500 AH  (mine are similar just 750 mm long ... and 775 AH)

Perhaps here you find a close dimension cell  and  am sure somebody there tell you what you have

http://www.exideindustrialbatteries.com/products_motivepower_specification.htm

Ps :I did overfill two cells in my battery  and now have to get the acid right again - i rented a generator (me off grid and having no sun here in Ireland this summer  Tongue) to equalize them for longer Period  ( quite frightening to hear your own battery cooking and that is suposed to be good  Tongue Grin )

Billi

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
phildartmoor

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 02:45:31 PM »

Ok I've topped up all the batteries. I was a bit concerned to see that I could see the plates exposed on all but one of the cells.
I wish I'd done it earlier but we were specifically told when we had everything installed a year ago that the batteries were sealed and didn't need topping up.

I topped all all the cells, charged and then retopped up.

Its a few days later but it is a bit better.
The dud cell was 1.85v this morning pre-charge whereas a week ago it was 1.57v
In fact all the cells seem to be higher nower.

I'll do a full report in a week or so when I've collected the results.

Thanks so much for your help!

Phil
sleepybubble

expect the unexpected, then its expected

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »

damn got that tune stuck in my head now.....

;-)
10sheds

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 10:28:06 PM »

Hi Phil, I do hope your batteries are feeling better, If not many moons ago I remember reading an article in the Battery Vehicle Society's magazine about reviving flagging batteries I cant remember the content only that I thought it might came in handy one day as I was only on 12 volts back then.
phildartmoor

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 01:12:41 PM »

Thanks for the replies.
The cell that was duff is now ok it seems again.
The only snag is that by filling up all the cells, I think I've screwed up another cell by overfilling.
This morning the old duff cell was reading 1.85v and the new duff cell was reading 1.17!

Oh well, the joys of batteries and being offgrid!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: