navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flow Switches for WRB09  (Read 3079 times)
PCfix

« on: September 13, 2006, 10:52:10 AM »

Can anyone suggest good Flow Switches for the WRB09 Heat Pump.

Anyone who has a working WRB09 - I would be pleased to have your details and any suggestions.
Ralph
Alan
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 06:29:27 PM »

Hi
Ref : Flow switch.  try www.antaresint.com  enter T.150 in search box
switch contacts rated up to 15A suitable for connection in pipe work
from 1 inch to 8 inch. price 30.33 we use these for flow interlocks
all the time. comes from Italy but delivery very good within 72 hours

Regards

Alan
PCfix

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 09:17:13 AM »

Hi Alan

Many thanks for the gen on the flowswitches.  I located a couple through www.pvl.co.uk with 22m compression fittings model 622 datafax2134 and they have a good range of others including a clamp on version but a costly option.

Ralph

* flow switch.JPG (11.94 KB, 502x386 - viewed 349 times.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 02:25:46 PM by PCfix » Logged
jason

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 09:51:29 PM »

hi all
spoke to a freind of mine who is a system engineer he sugested that it would not be a problem to by pass the flow switches just checking that this would not be a problem before i try
thanks jason
Ivan
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 12:44:32 AM »

I guess it would work, although I have not tried it. It is possible that the machine could be a little more intelligent, and check that the flow switch is registering no flow, when the pump is off...in which case you could fool it with a relay driven from the pump power supply.

However, the purpose of the flow switch is to ensure that there is sufficient water flow to 1.)prevent freezing of the groundloop water and 2.) to ensure that there is sufficient flow to distribute the heat. So if you operate a system without these items, then you are compromising the system eg you could risk freezing the water in the heatexchanger, causing internal damage(which would not be covered by warranty).

Ivan
jason

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 09:44:54 PM »

thanks all will order some tomorrow
jason
one wouldnt want to rock the boat cant wait to get it going
Ivan
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 12:52:03 AM »

sounds right to me. There are variations on the wiring diagram dependant on batch - so it is best to go with the diagram supplied with the heatpump itself.

Ivan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: