navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SUBMARINE BATTERIES  (Read 17443 times)
NickW

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 08:55:30 PM »

Billi

Studmuffin has got it all wrong. The man is decommissioning an old Resolution Class Submarine.

They don't have batteries

They have one of these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_PWR

But if you are interested I will go halves with you stir stir stir

Would make one hell of a combined heat and power set up! Grin

Ask Questions, look for evidence, think for yourself

Gold is the currency of Kings, Silver the Currency of Gentlemen. Barter is the Currency of Peasants, whilst DEBT is the currency of SLAVES
mespilus

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 08:55:51 PM »

.. as the gentleman involved is decommissioing a submarine and is looking to sell off the batteries.

Does this remind anyone else of 'Whisky Galore'?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 09:23:08 PM by mespilus » Logged

Now in the HS2 blight zone
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 09:09:16 PM »

But if you are interested I will go halves with you   

Hey Nick  cant wait to meet you for a  solar pint, a wood burning stew, a PV -produced bomb for some French ideas ...

Anyhow i like French bombshells  Grin

Billi

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
NickW

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 09:12:10 PM »

Be Like that then fume

Perhaps I can interest Martin..... Grin

Gold is the currency of Kings, Silver the Currency of Gentlemen. Barter is the Currency of Peasants, whilst DEBT is the currency of SLAVES
martin

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 09:24:18 PM »

Was beginning to suspect something similar, only I had visions of some Ukrainian with a dodgy line in ex-USSR jobs that he'd beach somewhere near the punter's address, where it'd sit glowing malevolently in the dark Grin

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
Ivan
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 10:03:24 PM »

Watch 'K-19 Widowmaker'
insolare

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 10:24:39 PM »

What's the name of the guy selling these? It's not Jürgen by any chance is it?  Roll Eyes Grin
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 10:29:18 PM »

Jürgen

Do the Germans have submarines ....still  Grin

Billi borninBavaria (icandivedeep)

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
insolare

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 10:36:26 PM »

Yes they do billi. Green ones too! Powered by hydrogen fuel cells. Now if any of those were for sale..........
NickW

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 10:40:17 PM »

Jürgen

Most of them are on the bottom of the Atlantic whistlie

insolare

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 10:42:19 PM »

Jürgen

Most of them are on the bottom of the Atlantic whistlie

fight he he
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 10:59:01 PM »

There is no (made up) Battery that is good, in my opinion...
Ok leave the Germans down at the Atlantic   Grin... but they would have a woodburning stove installed in minutes in your livingroom.... ( beside they need 2 years to fill the form for regulations  Tongue ) - glad to be close to be irish  Grin

Billi

WeeVic

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 03:12:26 PM »

I`m currently using some 2volt large cells on my solar and wind setup.Not many of these 2 volts kicking around and i got them from a demolition. It was a 24 volt light backup power supply.

2 volt are amazing cells as you can see inside them clearly incase the cr*p at the bottom shorts the bats out.

Can`t see in plastic case batteries as well as these 2 volts.   not really related to the post ,but 2 volts rock!! lol

My system is much smaller now due to a house sale recently, but I`ll be building something again soon at my new place...

I use a lot of Freeplay Energy stuff and have a 200W solar setup into 2volt cells just in case there is a power cut! And there has been too many too often...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: