navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: second hand heat pumps  (Read 8961 times)
lightfoot

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 07:11:26 AM »

That's some echo Charlie or was it some kind of send button stutter....can you yodal too too too too  Grin

Mother Nature is a wonderful housekeeper - but eat her out of house and home and you may just get your marching orders.
charlieb

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 09:12:51 AM »

Oops. Was failing to post yesterday evening. I set my self a reminder to come back this morning and post (yet) again!
spongebobgreenpants

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 01:24:48 AM »

charlie,
good points, well made. this year i have yet to use the heat pump to heat the underfloor (trying to save money). have been using woodstoves to space heat living room, kitchen etc and going to bed cold just as we did in our childhood. This is not that bad a system and probably healthier than warm uniform temperatures in the house.

Would love to keep the heat pump as a back up if i could find someone to service it other than the installers, however despite the relatively simple technology of the compressor the hi tech electronics that control it put servicing beyond the scope of anyone not directly linked with the manufacturer.

i think the way forward is to burn things, make them hot and keep warm.

sb
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: