navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navipets!  (Read 128249 times)
M

« Reply #705 on: February 08, 2020, 05:08:30 AM »

cheers everyone, getting ready to head back in for more fun and games, but the day release scheme is ideal, problem is infection and fever go hand in hand, and my temp was fine, but got a rotten head cold thursday night, so that's pushed me to about 37.9 and i have to stay in at 38, i'll be so pee'd off if i'm beaten by a bleeding cold.

last night tibbs climbed on to wifey's lap and settled for an hour or so. he's been curling up in the living room, and visiting us with head butts and chirps, but yesterday he actually settled. 6 dogs and cats all sleeping in the same room as us, nice to have such a social bunch ...... bit like navitron.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
M

« Reply #706 on: February 20, 2020, 07:24:00 AM »

Mig gloves are a good 'cheap bet' for manipulating recalcitrant moggies. Probably Mig, (Moggie introductory glove) rather than Tig. (Tiger introductory glove).
It says CAT II on the gauntlet part, but I don't know if that refers to the size of the cat, or strength of the bite. Mine are a lovely blue, and I've never been bitten whilst welding.   Grin

So ........ we now have super long cat gauntlets at both locations which go up to my elbows, and best of all they are quite flexible and soft so the cats (I've had a quick test) don't seem to mind them at all.

I think I've learnt my lesson this time, just finished all the different antibiotics but have to go to the doctors (nurse) 3x per week to have my 'arm-hole' washed out and repacked as it heals from the inside out, so probably another 3 weeks of that. But arm strength is fine, and most range of movement is back, and I'm tipyng a bit batter now!

So back to the kitkats and Mr Tibbs is now one of the family, really settling in, seems to adore Vesper (the dog), and runs around the house with Bodie and Doyle (the ginga ninjas) like a true nutter. He's also discovering all the best sleeping spots:

Dog bed, what's a dog bed?

Dog bed? Sorry I've still no idea what you mean?

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
Tigger

« Reply #707 on: February 20, 2020, 08:07:48 AM »

Definitely a lesson learned with the infection and treatment, that's pretty serious but good that you're on the mend.

Got to love those pics Mart and yes, it's good to see that you're typing batter too  facepalm

Mt Tibbs is a full on lap cat and fully integrated into the herd, perfect.

SN15 (Wiltshire) 30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #708 on: February 20, 2020, 09:15:03 AM »

Pleased to hear that you are on the mend.
I think Mrs T was a cat in a previous life she always gets the  best sleeping spots. Grin

Kidwelly South Wales
Nickel2

North-East Hampshire

« Reply #709 on: February 20, 2020, 02:19:50 PM »

I remember Ted Nugent's 'Cat scratch fever', googled it and found the 'Bartonella' group of nasties.
That is a potentially life-threatening bacterial infection and you are lucky to survive it; one form of Bartonella is meningitis...
I have been scratched hundreds of times by assorted felines over the years, so lucky to get away with it.
Feral moggies are less likely to be inoculated, or have systemic flea-killers in their blood-stream, so bigger risk.
As much as I love cats, I shall reconsider the way I approach straggly fleabags knowing the danger.

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
Nearly dead 24V 400 Ah battery. (4x200Ah FLA)
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: