navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ubuntu 8.04 (Linux) problems.....  (Read 14973 times)
lightfoot

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 04:16:57 PM »

Keith,

After much searching I think I have found the problem....

I thought I was having a bit of a senior moment, as when I modified "general.useragent.vendor" from Ubuntu to Firefox and then restarted the browser and checked, it had been reset back to Ubuntu  Huh  However it turns out that this is something to do with the Firefox add-on: "User Agent Switcher" that I had installed and setup to try and fix the problem in the first place  banghead  .....So I removed it and re-modified the "general.useragent.vendor" back to Firefox like you said and hey presto, Hotmail now seems to work OK (fingers crossed).....Thanks, your a gem.

One down two to go...unless I bu99er something else up along the way  Grin

Many thanks,

Lightfoot.

Mother Nature is a wonderful housekeeper - but eat her out of house and home and you may just get your marching orders.
lightfoot

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 04:21:04 PM »

Hi stephend, I did try setting the user-agent switcher as you mention, but it didn't seem to work for me and then I found some other info as outlined above...which seems to of done the trick.

Cheer's,

Lightfoot.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 05:02:40 PM by Paulh_Boats » Logged

Mother Nature is a wonderful housekeeper - but eat her out of house and home and you may just get your marching orders.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: