navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: urgent help on byepass for generator please  (Read 2913 times)
dodgy rog

« on: February 14, 2009, 03:03:54 PM »

hello i finaly have an electricien on site right now , we need a little help understanding how to wire the byepass breakers circuit for automatic transfer to generator power, i am not talking about the relay and two wire start signal.  the inverter is an outback VFX3024e, unfortunately whilst there products are good quality there manuals are not too friendly, i am posting questions on there site also so hopefully between the two sites we will understand more, any light on this well apprecieted.
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 06:43:14 PM »

rog    surrender

sorry cannot help and hope you managed   i would assume you just wire the generator  to the outback ac input  ( well thats what i did with my victron )  and have all the normal fuse board ; breaker  after the inverter  Huh

Sorry no help

Billi

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
dodgy rog

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 07:22:16 PM »

thanks billy , may be i could put it a different way , what is the difference between a auto ac tgransfer switch, and input output byepass breakers? i have the felling its more simple than i think.nothing back from outback yet?
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 12:10:14 AM »

rog  how do you get on  Roll Eyes 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:19:41 AM by billi » Logged

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
Taffyboy

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 12:19:23 AM »

Speak Engerlish.....

Vermont Castings Vigilant with a 10 acre woodland...Cheap heat doesn't get better...

If it flies, floats or fornicates, rent it.
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 12:22:33 AM »

speak technology , if you can  Tongue 

Taffyboy

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 01:24:00 AM »

Oooh! Get you!

Vermont Castings Vigilant with a 10 acre woodland...Cheap heat doesn't get better...

If it flies, floats or fornicates, rent it.
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 02:13:16 AM »

rog  i guess you got the reply  (read it ) on the outback forum ....and the answer was .... just  connect it  Cool
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 02:15:38 AM by billi » Logged

dodgy rog

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 12:33:30 PM »

yes thanks billy it is not necasary  to incorporate byepass system, and if you read it you will see i have really upset blackswan on the outback fourum, tne nav forum is much more friendly, emailed the guy to say sorry but nothing? might have it up and running this weekend with a bit of luck
Shay

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 12:49:54 PM »

Speak Engerlish.....

Have a bit of manners Taffyboy!
Shay

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 12:53:14 PM »

yes thanks billy it is not necasary  to incorporate byepass system, and if you read it you will see i have really upset blackswan on the outback fourum, tne nav forum is much more friendly, emailed the guy to say sorry but nothing? might have it up and running this weekend with a bit of luck

I also found most RE forums from the US very unfriendly. Very intolerant of silly newbie questions.
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 05:26:09 PM »

Rog  i know the feeling when starting to connect expensive gear together (for the first time)  and remember the day well (about 3 years ago )   and my friend  an electrician  had not much more of a clue then me  Grin of understanding the whole lot  Tongue

I was  hibernating   help quite a bit

I wounder if outback do have a help line to ring  , i found Victron in Holland very good ( much better then the crowd i bought the Victron  gear of)

Anyhow  what i learned from that posting is that i never thought about the idea of bypassing the inverter/charger  to run the generator direct into the house  when the Inverter is of ,or broken ...

I guess thats what my electician wanted to do  from the start  Grin   and leave this bloody complicated box (inverter) and heavy batteries out of the game

Today he asks me for a windturbine and where to get a battery  Grin

All the best and have a drink when you switch on the light in the house powered by the sun

Billi

dodgy rog

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 07:25:03 PM »

hey billy il be havin the whole bottle we have been waiting 5 years with no electric for that day to come,  outback have an email tec support but it takes a long time for a responce? i guess they got to big!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: