navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use it?  (Read 5572 times)
noelsquibb

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 12:03:31 AM »

No worries Noel.... one kiss for Billy and a hug  for me   Billi

doh !

menage a trois ?

nope, simpler to apologise Billi Wink

I got overexcited ..........

mmmmm,  gravy
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 12:12:35 AM »

..... but i am not tasting like LARD Frotter Grin

no worries Noel   

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
Billy
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 01:31:09 AM »

Grin

Billy
Moxi

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »

Who's been a silly billy then......... surrender
Flecktimus

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 11:11:15 PM »

We have a site which includes a section of river. We own about 100 yard stretch of land along one side, and out to the mid point. There are signs that river level can rise by about 10 feet at times, which might make any fixed installation alongside difficult? Have looked at run of river stream wheels (like the prototype on the Navitron site, and the Hydro Electric Barrel mentioned elsewhere), but none seem to be currently available.

It feels like something should be possible, but can any experts here suggest how to approach this?

Sorry I don't have any figures yet for flow or fall, but currently live in Essex, and land is in Scotland. Will try some measurements on next visit.

Thanks.

I also have a river like yours at the bottom of my garden(also in Scotland) and i am looking at the poncelot undershot wheel.

http://permaculturewest.org.au/ipc6/ch08/shannon/index.html

http://www.waterwheelfactory.com/poncelet.htm

http://www.waterwheelfactory.com/Hester.htm

If you are looking at FITS the undershot wheel is not recognised.

Hope this helps
merkland

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 09:50:11 AM »

To a large extent it will depend on how ambitious you want to be and how deep your pockets are!
The simplest and possibly easiest way of make use of the river would be to install one or more of the towed generators used by yachts, the Ampair website says they are suitable for installing in mountain streams. They are quite pricey for what they can produce - 12v at 8amps or 24v at 4amps per unit but built to a high standard.

merkland.

200w wind turbine grid tied, 1x175w PV grid tie or to batteries,
2x55w PV to batteries, 24vx440ah battery bank. 3.5Kw grid tie (14xSanyo 250w facing 160degrees at 80 degrees inclination, Aurora 3.6 inverter), 2xflat panel water heating (for over 30 years )
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: