navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie me  (Read 1215 times)
steve1717

500watt turbine /180 watt solar /400amp batt/24vol

« on: May 20, 2009, 01:05:39 PM »

Hi everyone ..just like to introduce myself ..i am steve i am cough .cough  years old ..thats 47 ..i live in the south of france ..just south of bergerac ..inj the dordogne its a beatifull day here 32 dgs..at present ..i live here with my wife and 2 gals 10/12 ..and her folks ..the inlaws ..we have 400acres with lakes and woodlands ..loads of animals including 2 donkeys 3 cats 1 dog ..2 fish .1 hamster ..been here 8 years ....we keep about 7 acres of gardens that we cut and trim and mow etc rest is lakes and woods ...and crops ..but we rent the crop fields out ..garden is enough ....trying to go green so started with all lightbulbs so now in the three houses we have here all bulbs are led or low energy ..that alone made a huge difference ..so even with every lamp and light on even outdoor ones the whole place will only use 300 watt..we have wood burners and tons of free wood so i am looking at buying a range cooker from poland or bulgaria that also does hot water ..and although it only does a few rads in winteer we can boil the kettle and cook on it ..i hope it will make the place cosy as well especially the kitchen ...these things only cost 700 quid ..and i have a friend who has bouht one and he is very pleased with it ..so if it only lasts ten years i guess at 70 quid a year its worth trying one out ...its a hard life out here but someone has to do it ....so looking forward to chatting with some of you ..take care all ..ps just gonna go and have a glass of wine by the pool ..phew ..then its back to mowing the lawns ..ahhh well steve g
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 08:02:33 PM »

Hi Steve   and welcome

I will be more help later i hope , but Bergerac i know and brought all my gear down from Ireland to do a small   Tongue  garden job there ....

Nice Oak trees and Robinia ..... we  (3 of us ) enjoyed it for 3 month  a lot, and were camping  ( lots of those small bottles of beer in the hot evening sun )  and these nice white drywall stones we found in the local quarry , i lost lots of  weight building that hill in that nice climate  .... Brought back 600 bottles  wackoold Bergerac red wine (Perchament)  and  now back on my original Tongue weight

Billi

* bergerac.jpg (94.36 KB, 794x595 - viewed 245 times.)

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
steve1717

500watt turbine /180 watt solar /400amp batt/24vol

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 10:06:24 PM »

HI ther looks like you did a nice job there ..well theres tons of land here so if you fancy a holiday in the sun ..its here ..ourholidaygiteinfrance.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: