navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple on/off for heat pump  (Read 9210 times)
welshboy

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 11:51:30 AM »

Yep leaving the control box on(not timed) seems to work. When the second  timer switches it off the shut down is normal but the error eo02 appears and an audio beep for about 20 secs then it is silent just showing the warning.
This warning is not terminal -no action is required as it disappears when the second timer switches on the power again. The heat pump start up is as normal except a little longer as I mentioned in an earlier posting.
It does work ok but the control box needs to be away from the living accom otherwise the audio beep would drive you nuts ! Thankfully ours is in a boilerroom and almost soundproofed.
sleepybubble

expect the unexpected, then its expected

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 01:32:20 PM »

time to find the speaker and snip one of the wires to it.... good stuff though!

;-)
welshboy

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »

Excellent news. I hope it's the same as mine.

Any chance of a photo?

Description was a bit cryptic for me.
This is a pic of the wiring change. Took the connector off 30 (next to 31 and 32 below the clock) and connected it to the time switch white two core cable up to the timer switch and back down to 30.
Must remember to change the setting in the control box for sa10

* navitron4.jpg (72.88 KB, 648x486 - viewed 268 times.)
ecogeorge
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 10:43:32 PM »

Sorry to harp on ,  surrender  but I do think you are trying to use a slegde hammer to crack a nut !!!
1.Move return temp sensor to buffer tank.
2.Move internal pump wires  (hot water circ' pump) to same control as ground loop pump. -(stops pump running continuously to check temp).
3.Install normal ch heating controller or time clock to switch house heating on as required / demanded.

-Heat pump then keeps buffer tank at correct temp. all PUMPS STOP IF TANK TEMP IS SATISFIED.
-CH controller or timeclock controls heating , heatpump cuts in if buffer tank cools.

Easy to use , set etc.
Can use Advance / +1 hr/ 7 /5 day timing etc etc. Even wife can now control heating. Grin Grin
Installed and running with warm house on return from work and wake up in morning.
rgds George.

welshboy

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 11:09:29 PM »

Hi Ecogeorge.
Perhaps I should confess that I don't have a buffer tank !
Now I know this works I can run a thermostatic control in its place- same end result I think.
ecogeorge
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 11:17:38 PM »

Do you not get excessive cycling without a (recommended) buffer tank?
rgds George.
welshboy

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 11:29:48 PM »

Yes I was until the penny dropped.
Change the parameters for the temp on the return dip to kick the compressor in and also the timer allows a timelag.
crude but it works. I seem to recall you visiting neighbours and noticing the lights dip when your pump kicked in  on not much different  cycling times to my experience..
ecogeorge
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2009, 10:57:20 PM »

What paramiter did you change ? I assume the temp differential  between shut off and turn on ?
What is that paramiter? What is the default? What did you change it to ?
Phew more questions than a young child asks! surrender
rgds George.
welshboy

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 12:05:35 AM »

What paramiter did you change ? I assume the temp differential  between shut off and turn on ?
What is that paramiter? What is the default? What did you change it to ?
Phew more questions than a young child asks! surrender
rgds George.
Sp01
Can't remember the default but I changed it to 5 (perhaps you can tell me the default)

eg this is how I think it works- say set temp 33c
Say SP01 set to 5
Then compressor works until 34c           ie 33 +1
Compressor does not kick in again until temp drops to below 28c       ie 33-5

The effect is a longer timespan without the compressor running and a longer timespan when it is running.

All this from memory I will look tomorrow when it is cycling.
ATB
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 04:51:28 PM by welshboy » Logged
welshboy

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 04:52:45 PM »

Edited previous post after checking today- memory was wrong  -it must be an age thing
wrigpm

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2009, 12:56:09 AM »

For info - I have implemented this on/off control on my heatpump and it works perfectly!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: