navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Determining quality of second hand gel batteries  (Read 12406 times)
wookey

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 01:49:55 AM »

What like are the crimps you are after?
Ones that go in the bulkhead connector found on a 1997 peugeot expert. Some pics here: http://wookware.org/pics/cinch/

It has lots of spare ways but crimps are unobtainium. They were originally made by Cinch in the US, but they were later sold to Molex in France. I did get a phone number of someone at Molex who said he might be able to help but I never got any joy.

I'm the sort of perfectionist that thinks it would be much better to use spare ways in the nice, expensive, waterproof bulkhead connector than to just drill a hole through the tin, even though this requires months of tracking down crimps and hours of picking PU out of the spare channels, whereas the quick and dirty solution would have been done some years ago...

We are now hopelessly off-topic but if anyone does know where to get such things it would be handy. I've concluded the only thing to do is go to the scrappy and just get another to raid.

In afeeble attempt to get back on topic here is a (confusing) pic of my batts mounted in the van: http://wookware.org/pics/van/img054.jpeg.html

Wookey
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: