navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feed in tariff for Landlords  (Read 4167 times)
danny-solar

« on: August 08, 2009, 07:21:49 AM »

Was just wondering whether anyone could shine some light on the deal with the feed in tariff for Landlords?  Just say i own two properties and rent these out to private tenants, could i claim back 2 x grants to have PV installed on these?  Also, how would i be paid for the total generation, as far as i was concerned this was took off your electricity bill (in my case the tenants) so I would not benefit from this

4kwp BP solar system with steca 2000 setup + 2kwp Sanyo with SMA 2000HF + 4kwp Hyundai "all black" with SMA 3000TL.  12 kw wood burner. Air to air heat pump. Heat recovery ventilation.
CeeBee

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 09:42:48 AM »

Was just wondering whether anyone could shine some light on the deal with the feed in tariff for Landlords?  Just say i own two properties and rent these out to private tenants, could i claim back 2 x grants to have PV installed on these?

Regarding Low Carbon Buildings Programme grant, read the stuff on their website. In several places, it indicates that it's the owner of properties who should apply. E.g. says that several properties are possible; says that it you're a council tenant, then the council must apply. It does say "In order to be eligible for a grant, the benefit of the system must be clearly accrued only to the domestic owner and resident." - not sure what the implications of that are regarding any payments you might receive for the electricity. I think you'd have to contact EST/LCBP and ask.

Also, how would i be paid for the total generation, as far as i was concerned this was took off your electricity bill (in my case the tenants) so I would not benefit from this

Of course, FITs are just a 'consultation document' at present, so who knows what we'll end up with. You should read the document on the DECC site. I think I recall that it says something about it being entirely up to the tenancy agreement between landlord/tenant how things are dealt with. I doubt that the FITs document would find a need to be specific about how precisely the total generation payment would be made, but I haven't read it for a while. If you reckon there are uncertainties in it, then now's the time to submit you comments to DECC. Clearly you can't go ahead with any certainty about what FITs are going to consist of until the actual law comes in.

P.S. I find that http://www.lowcarbonbuildings.org.uk/ causes my Firefox (3.0.12) to hang on Windows XP Pro, such that I have to kill it with task manager. It does this consistently, and I have to view the site with IE instead. Anyone else get this?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 09:46:55 AM by CeeBee » Logged

Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 11:04:28 AM »

The FITs consultation doc says this regarding landlords:

Ownership of installations
3.58 In general, generating equipment that will be eligible for FITs will be purchased by an individual or organisation who will then receive the benefits of that generating equipment and the FITs payments. It will be up to landlords and tenants of domestic or commercial property to come to an arrangement about the receipt of payments and on-site electricity use benefits through bilateral agreements.

I'll move this thread to the FITs discussion area.

(Yes, CeeBee, that site crashes FF on Vista here as well)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 11:06:01 AM by Ted » Logged

Volunteer moderator
crispy

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 11:03:29 PM »

The site works fine for me using FF 3.5.2 on Vista.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: