navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using the search facility  (Read 17545 times)
Amaterasu

« on: August 05, 2006, 09:22:29 PM »

Now that this forum is beginning to mature (in terms of the questions asked and answers given) - could we ask that forum members make use of the search facility before posting a new topic.

This especially applies to new members, it is very likely that your question has been answered before.

Everyone here is keen to help each other - thats how we all learn, but it saves a lot of time and may often mean that you will get a quicker answer to your question if what you seek is already here.

Regards

Geoff.........
mas

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 03:28:18 PM »

Fair enough - but how about adding couple of FAQ's.
system sizing (including pressure vessel size selection?)

and sample installation guides?  I would think that there are people who have done installs who would set out pitfalls and problems and how they overcame them.
Amaterasu

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 03:36:23 PM »

Hi
Ivan has provided a link to his FAQ page on the main Navitron site (which preceded this forum by quite some way).

http://www.navitron.org.uk/faq.htm

There are also downloadable docs that outline the installation process, but yes if we can get people to photograph their own installs and post them here then that has to be good as well.

Geoff.........
mick

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 11:13:07 PM »

I still haven't worked out how to post a photo or, more importantly, a diagram copied from a website. Martin (set up this forum for Nvitron) talks about using webspace but I don't have any and I can't get his other method to work. Is there a simple (foolproof!) way for someone with limited IT skills and basic PC?

Mick.
Amaterasu

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 07:29:50 AM »

Ok...

Yes I agree - not everyone has the facility to be able to upload files to a web address.

If you want to write your article and indicate in the text where a given image should be placed - and then send them to me. (PM me for a proper email address that you can send them to).
 I will make sure that they get placed in that thread.

Geoff.........
Jonzjob

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 02:18:13 PM »

As far as posting photos is concerned. You could go to this site http://photobucket.com/ register with them, it's free, and then upload your photos to your album there. It's best if you make sure that the photos are a max of about 500 pixels wide for a land scape or 500 high for a portrait orientated photo. Much more than that and the photo will have to be moved from side to side to see it all on the posting in the forum. It will also have to be in jpg format.

It is very simple to do and to load your photo to your post all you need to do is to upload it to photobucket, it will appear in your album. There are 4 boxes below the photo, left click the bottom one, "IMG code", that will copy it, go to your post on the forum and paste where you want the photo. The photo won't show, just a line of code, this is normal. When you post your entry the photo will appear, magic, good 'ere init..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: