navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BWEA response to FiTs  (Read 1873 times)
Ted
Global Moderator

« on: November 07, 2009, 11:25:51 PM »

http://www.bwea.com/pdf/091014_BWEA_Financial_Incentives_consultation.pdf

Starts on p16 (1-15 is their response on ROCs) and obviously focuses on wind turbines rather than any other technologies.

Very supportive of better treatment for existing system owners but also strongly supports extended (upto 100kW) MCS accreditation despite the fact that they go to some lengths to highlight the existing problems with it.

Volunteer moderator
martin

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 11:53:57 PM »

600,000 "units"? - which particular teapot planet are they residing on? Even if given vast incentives to do so, I can't for the life of me think where on earth they're going to put the ruddy things, unless of course there's going to be an outbreak of 30-40 metre high masts in urban areas, which I can't quite see happening......... or have they had a shift in policy that they no longer even pretend that a wind turbine should at least try to contribute even a modicum towards the cost to the planet of it's manufacture?
(Have they not heard of the demise of Swindlesave? - one would have though they'd at least be missing the fees from them..........) Roll Eyes
I'm afraid any output from this self-appointed "Voice of British Wind" really doesn't deserve any serious consideration whatsoever - they obviously haven't the first clue as to how "small wind" works (or more specifically, how it just plain doesn't work in urban areas).......they should be tarred and feathered, their figures are downright laughable! fight
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:55:28 PM by martin » Logged

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
martin

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 09:18:12 AM »

further proof (if it were needed) that not only the BWEA, but government do not have the first clue about roof-mounted choccy teapots............
http://newenergyfocus.com/do/ecco/view_item?listid=1&listcatid=32&listitemid=3187&section=On-site%20%26%20Micro
The article itself also raises grave doubts about the author's literacy - "liquidised" - conjures up a delightful, if bloody picture, but is hardly correct English! whistlie
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:21:51 AM by martin » Logged

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 09:52:43 AM »

Martin, that NEF article is about The Green Energy Bill (in process and put forward by Peter Ainsworth MP - I've written to him about it.) is to get the missing wind and ASHP parts into GPDO that were dropped from the earlier (last year in England and this year in Wales) from the planning requirements.

The comment from Sowden of the Micropower Council at the bottom is telling:

"The Government's failure to fulfil the Prime Minister's written personal promise to one company [Windsave] to cut red tape has left the hundreds of people associated with that company without employment in what could be a world-beating pioneering British success story,"

Nothing to do with the fact that their product was rubbish and was mis-sold to hundreds of disgruntled customers and where B&Q ended up giving them their money back.

Volunteer moderator
Ivan
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »

Wonder why windsave get personal promises from the prime minister?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: