navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Panel Vans that will operate on Vegetable Oil or Biodiesel  (Read 38203 times)
solar living

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 10:39:38 AM »

Hi all
Does anyone know if my Hyundia H100 panel van will run on bio diesel?
I am not into engines!.......so all i know is that its a 2.5ltr turbo diesel, it was made in 2000.
cheers
mossole

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 11:04:50 AM »

Hello,

I seem to be making some progress, with the assistance of John Nicholson of Bio-power (www.bio-power.co.uk). I'm now on the look out for a pre-2000 Mercedes 308/310/311 panel van MWB. These are apparently very happy with high mixes of veg oil or biodiesel and go on forever if treated considerately.

Hi Bargeman- are you still around? If so, do you, or anyone else,  know about more modern sprinters and veg oil? Mine is an 05 sprinter, 208. I'm hoping it will like sieved veg oil, before any meths added.

Best wishes-

Mossole
gb484

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2012, 12:33:43 PM »

Tried svo in my Merc 212 during summer, 5 cyl turbo version, 1996, roughly 50/50. Didn't like it one bit. Went into limp-home mode. Not funny!
wookey

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 02:21:10 AM »

In general modern engines are all HDI and they don't like veg oil. You _might_ be OK with biodiesel but even that can be pushing your luck. Older non-HDI engines are all (?) fine with biodiesel and many will run on pure SVO - depending on injection pump used. I'm sure you can find details about sprinters on biodeisel-specific forums. (I only know specifically about PSA XUD-series engines in detail)

Wookey
bottleveg

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »

Tried svo in my Merc 212 during summer, 5 cyl turbo version, 1996, roughly 50/50. Didn't like it one bit. Went into limp-home mode. Not funny!

You need to twin tank the 212D (start on diesel and change to veg at 60c) as itís a direct injection engine. Iíve been running my 210D (basically the same engine) this way for around six years now.
100% veg once the engine is warm.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: