navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ASHP - this one?  (Read 3876 times)
Moxi

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 05:37:50 PM »

Sniff,

I'm filling up  Kiss all this love..... vomit2
Rooster

Dum Spiro Spero

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 11:50:42 AM »

If anyones thinking of getting a heatpump its worth considering that RHI's will be along soon and heatpumps are included.

Get an approved heatpump with a certified installation ( facepalm  banghead) and you could be onto a nice little earner.
Looks like being paid around 9p a unit heat out.

COP of 3 then could presumably mean spend 10p a unit to run it get paid 27p for using it!

RHIs could well change the landscape for heatpumps dramatically.

Possibly the additional expense of a certified install will make it all a bit of a gamble until the details are finalised though.

ps. RHI = Renewable Heat Incentive, a scheme by which you can be paid for the heat you produce provided its from an approved source.
http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/what_we_do/uk_supply/energy_mix/renewable/policy/renewable_heat/incentive/incentive.aspx

Roy
wyleu
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »

ps. RHI = Renewable Heat Incentive, a scheme by which you can be paid for the heat you produce provided its from an approved source.
http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/what_we_do/uk_supply/energy_mix/renewable/policy/renewable_heat/incentive/incentive.aspx

Why do I feel that nuclear will be a (very) approved heat source?
martin

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 01:16:06 PM »

if the ASHP scheme thing is true (and I don't disbelieve it for a second, coming as it does from the same blithering nincompoops who gave grants for roof-mounted chocolate teapots), how long before we're paid a subsidy for using "straight" electric fires?
They may yet make "economic" sense, but until we have totally renewably generated "mains", I fear they can never be anywhere near being considered as truly "green" whistlie

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
Rooster

Dum Spiro Spero

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 04:01:57 PM »

Why do I feel that nuclear will be a (very) approved heat source?

Indeed, but imagine the certification process for our home brew domestic reactors!

Sadly I feel the paperwork may be the stumbling block for home based reactors.  whistlie  Wink

Roy
wyleu
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 09:42:23 PM »

Didn't someone post a link to a japanese home based nuclear thermal electrical generator?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: