navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Website to find most efficient electrical appliances. TV, fridge etc.  (Read 42346 times)
Paulh_Boats

« on: November 05, 2009, 08:11:29 PM »

This website is brilliant for finding the power consumption of electrical appliances, and sorts them in order of efficiency.

So if you want to find the most efficient TV, fridge etc. that uses the least electricity its a "must see" website:

http://www.sust-it.net/

-Paul

PS: What it won't do is tell you how much electricity a teenager consumes.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 11:54:11 PM by Paulh_Boats » Logged

30 tube thermal,
2.3kW PV see:
http://www.solarmanpv.com/portal/Terminal/TerminalMain.aspx?come=Public&pid=17067

LED lighting in every room
NO tumble dryer, +370 kWh per year
leepy

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 08:23:05 AM »

I just sent them an email with some links - the minimum 32 inch TV they show is 90 watts - can't find any 60 watt LED backlit TVs on there
e.g. the Sharp ones (like Sharp LC32LE600E)

Site looks good - Hopefully they will update it

johnfrog

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 09:10:59 AM »

Looks like a good site.... but its missing some of the latest Bosch products.

If they can keep the website up to date, it will be really useful.

biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 12:11:18 AM »

hi folks,
      the site is a great idea but if you are looking for a very good cost effective and easy run vacuum cleaner give the dyson 600watt version a try. it actually uses less than 600watt according to my meter and it works wonders.my wife is delighted with ours. Grin Grin
                     biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
shiela_robins

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 10:59:51 AM »

I can't seem to load the site on my web browser.  Huh I'm using the latest Firefox. 

martin

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 11:06:12 AM »

May be a network problem - coming down like a train to my copy of Firefox through Plusnet Wink

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
Mudman

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 11:29:32 PM »

searching for a new fridge freezer today- sust-it is the most useful website but might be useful to know that I also found the marks and spencer website allows you to list items according to energy efficiency- actually it might have been energy usage but it helps sift them. none of the other websites i visited could differentiate on the basis of efficiency.

bosch fridge freezer A++ (so 208 kwh per year on the comparable test) for under 400 - think that's what i'll go for!
dhaslam

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 11:49:47 PM »

The problem is that the most efficient appliances  can be three times more expensive or to put it another way  more than the cost of  a cheaper one plus the means to generate the extra electricity.     

DHW 250 litre cylinder  60 X 47mm tubes
Heating  180,000 litre straw insulated seasonal store, 90X58mm tubes + 7 sqm flat collectors, 1 kW VAWT, 3 kW heatpump plus Walltherm gasifying stove
shiela_robins

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 02:51:03 AM »

I've got a Viewsonic VA1701WB and the one listed on that site is Viewsonic VA1703WB but the difference in watts is 7. Specifications-wise its almost the same on everything.

MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 05:38:27 AM »

hi folks,
      the site is a great idea but if you are looking for a very good cost effective and easy run vacuum cleaner give the dyson 600watt version a try. it actually uses less than 600watt according to my meter and it works wonders.my wife is delighted with ours. Grin Grin
                     biff

biff, ths is because momentarily the pull of initial power will be more than the in use power.....

Glad to see you all making use of a site I recommended ages ago, it was very handy when looking for our new washing machine (cold water / hot water in thread a good year + ago) made decisionmaking far easier & is a regular electrical port of call for us.

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS
Leaf Owner (1st gen)
Amy

Karma Queen !

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 07:22:31 AM »

What a great site.

Im looking for similar but for 12v.

I think im coming round to popular idea of saving it not making it.

Thank God for Charles Darwin. Another voice of sanity in this God forsaken world.
www.amy-artimis.blogspot.com/
Philip R

South Cheshire

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 10:19:46 PM »

Johnfrog,

What is so apecial about Bosch products? Their Logixx dishwashers had and may still have issues with PCB connections burning out. sh*tfan

PhilipR
roscoe

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »

I think it is good site and worth looking over before a purchase.  Although, I wish the purchase price was more up front and grid sortable.

Don't know if anyone agrees, but I see far more well priced good-value products getting good energy marks. Sure you can spend hundreds extra on the swanky stuff, but I feel that the energy/running costs premium continues to be eroded, thank heavens.

eg washing machine at 300 ~ 33pa vs class leading at ~30 probably >500.

So with many value maufacturers making the extra effort energy-wise it makes these comparision resources very helpful.
nickhlx

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 09:31:23 PM »

I can tell you that our average elec consumption is around 16 kWh per day when its the 3 of us, and when my son is at home ( and X-Box in use) for several hours a day, we use approx 5 - 7 kWh MORE a day !    wackoold      Huh

Nick

System:   7.5 kWp, 2 SamilPower 4500 Inverters, array bearing 145 / 43 deg slope.
               Two 200L DHW cylinders fed via Intelligent Immersion I3, using
               Willis (external) heaters, 2nd I3 diverter for space heating.
                Now looking to add wind turbines
mespilus

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 11:25:08 AM »

I think it is good site and worth looking over before a purchase.  Although, I wish the purchase price was more up front and grid sortable.

Don't know if anyone agrees, but I see far more well priced good-value products getting good energy marks. Sure you can spend hundreds extra on the swanky stuff, but I feel that the energy/running costs premium continues to be eroded, thank heavens.

eg washing machine at 300 ~ 33pa vs class leading at ~30 probably >500.

So with many value maufacturers making the extra effort energy-wise it makes these comparision resources very helpful.

I would guess it is down to the component, (motors, compressors, etc.), manufacturers
having to produce low energy versions for the swanky brands
and giving up on their inefficient out-dated product lines.

Similar process to automotive devices:
Bosch ABS only originally available on Mercedes,
now ubiquitous, (or copied by competitors).

Now in the HS2 blight zone
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: