navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Website to find most efficient electrical appliances. TV, fridge etc.  (Read 42388 times)
dhaslam

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 02:58:31 PM »

TVs seem to have come on a lot, for example  the LG 42LX6900 42-inch Widescreen LED 3D Internet TV with Freeview HD claims to only use 105 watts and .2 watts on standby.  My AOC 42" which is just three years old uses 300 watts.  It means about 150 euro extra cost per annum.

DHW 250 litre cylinder  60 X 47mm tubes
Heating  180,000 litre straw insulated seasonal store, 90X58mm tubes + 7 sqm flat collectors, 1 kW VAWT, 3 kW heatpump plus Walltherm gasifying stove
petertc

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 08:48:59 PM »

i was surprised when i looked at our 15 year old colour 26" TV it uses about 60-70 watts when on, standby what's that it's switch off angel
OK we need a digibox, when it dies i will look at a widecreen TV until then no need to change it.
SpeedEvil

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 04:36:51 AM »

http://www.idealo.co.uk/cat/2620/freezers.html also - for example - lets you search by 'annual energy consumption', which is useful.

It's important to compare like with like though.

If you're doing lots of washing, the machine that uses 2kWh/cycle may be better than the one that uses 1.5kWh/cycle, if you need to run the second twice.

Same with hoovers - if one lets you hoover lots more effectively than the other, but uses more power...
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 01:01:05 PM »

Just had to buy a new washing machine as my 10 year old AEG packed in over Xmas, so I used that comparison site to discover the Panasonic NA148VG4, which claims to be an A+++ rated appliance with an 8Kg load. Got it being delivered this afternoon so we'll see how it does, but either way I'm sure it'll be far more efficient than the machine that it is replacing.

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
dickster

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 10:32:57 AM »

This posting encouraged me to look again at washing machines, and they seem to have moved on somewhat since I l last looked. Only 660w per cycle! Wow. Might be time to change, but as we have a weedy supply cable which I am carefully looking after, would an induction motor pull more juice to start than the old brushed type?
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 11:12:40 AM »

Ran my new Panasonic machine last night. Unbelievably quiet! Let's hope the energy savings match the claims, and that it can actually wash clothes!

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: