navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DNO Contacts  (Read 35068 times)
Ivan
« on: November 16, 2009, 02:00:38 PM »

http://www.energynetworks.org/engineering/pdfs/DG/DistributorNetworkOperatorContactDetails_071114.pdf
StBarnabas

St Barnabas Chapel (2009)

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 08:24:24 PM »

Ivan
thanks. Strange how the more helpful companies actually give a named person and others give a department where you can be passed from "pillar to posts" and given the around. It will come as no surprise that NEDL is in the latter category. Had I not taken yours and Ted's advice my PV might be sitting in the garage. I went ahead without their consent (not needed under G83/1) and have heard nothing from them  after submitting the paperwork a few months ago.
Sean

Gestis Censere. 40x47mm DHW with TDC3. 3kW ASHP, 9kW GSHP, 3kW Navitron PV with Platinum 3100S GTI, 6.5kW WBS, 5 chickens. FMY 2009.
ecogeorge
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 11:16:31 PM »

Need to notify DNO before the weekend after ecogeorge towers generating station (pv array) commissioned.
Been on the eon web site and assume I need to fill in the application on the downloads section, but do I fill in the competitive generation application or non - competitive application??  or have I got the wrong form?
rgds George.
StBarnabas

St Barnabas Chapel (2009)

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 03:59:06 PM »

George
PM me and I will send you a copy of the paperwork I used
Sean

Gestis Censere. 40x47mm DHW with TDC3. 3kW ASHP, 9kW GSHP, 3kW Navitron PV with Platinum 3100S GTI, 6.5kW WBS, 5 chickens. FMY 2009.
GavinA

Solar installer

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 12:13:56 PM »

that link is now borked. I'll post a new one if I can find it, or if anyone else has a link please post it up, thanks.

at home | 80 tubes, 2 tanks direct PV powered SWH + Navitron supplied PV 5 x Yingli 185Wp solar panels
pcollins

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »

Try this one, although EON/Central Networks one is not correct:

http://www.r-e-a.net/info/other-news/uk-distribution-network-operators-embedded-generation-connection-contacts

Will post the 0800 number if I can find it and you need to ask for their renewable energy department. V helpful if you can get through!
GavinA

Solar installer

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 07:24:58 PM »

Some current names and contact details...

Scotland (SSE / Scottish Hydro) - Jeff Wall: Jeff.wall@SSE.com

SSE's southern england area - Adrian Ellis: adrian.ellis@SSE.com

can you tell I got passed around a bit ending up dealing with their south of england bod for an install in inverness before he very helpfully put me in touch with the right person.

at home | 80 tubes, 2 tanks direct PV powered SWH + Navitron supplied PV 5 x Yingli 185Wp solar panels
mysterons

Location - Skegness Lincs

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 09:39:51 AM »

Hi there, new member here.
My situation is I'm currently awaiting a new installation date from the Mark Group working on behalf of Tesco having convinced them to reduce the originally quoted 4.2kWp PV system down to 3.96kWp.
I'm worried by this thread, nowhere on the Tesco website or in any of the paperwork from Mark Group that I have received is there any mention of me having to notify my DNO.
Is this something I should be doing or the installers? Or is notification not required under G83/1 as suggested by St Barnabus further up? Is there any chance the DNO would not allow me to connect my new install to the grid for some reason or is it automatically allowed under the reg's?
Hopefully I'm worrying over nothing but perhaps members who have had a PV install grid connected can clue me in.
Ron

3.96kWp Solar PV - 18 Sharp 220w and SMA3300 fired up at 4.30pm 12th Oct 2010 - 40 x 47 solar thermal installed July 2012 to exisiting 162ltr vented cylinder - Esse 350 inset WBS
GavinA

Solar installer

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 12:02:11 PM »

under 16 amps per phase you don't need to contact them in advance, your installer just has to notify them afterwards.

due to inverter losses etc a 4kWp PV array still just about classes as under 16 amps per phase as by the time it gets to the AC side it's lost 7-10%, plus cable losses etc means it's close enough to the 16amp mark for nobody to quibble. I'm not so sure that 4.2kWp systems wouldn't be pushing this wriggle room a bit far mind.

mysterons

Location - Skegness Lincs

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 12:31:28 PM »

Thanks for that Gavin, sets my mind at rest a bit.
I notice that Mark Group's 3.96kWp quote lists the inverter to be used as an SMA3300. They've sent me a spec sheet and it seems this inverter has a max ac output of 3600w. They'd also quoted the same inverter on the original 4.2kWp system. I suspect that's how they make sure the 16a limit isn't breached whatever the panel output is.

3.96kWp Solar PV - 18 Sharp 220w and SMA3300 fired up at 4.30pm 12th Oct 2010 - 40 x 47 solar thermal installed July 2012 to exisiting 162ltr vented cylinder - Esse 350 inset WBS
Ivan

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 01:17:00 AM »

A 16A inverter will keep the DNO happy, but if you install 4.2kWp, then you'll end up with a much lower FIT revenue than if you went for 4.0kW or slightly under.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
GavinA

Solar installer

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 01:30:07 AM »

A 16A inverter will keep the DNO happy, but if you install 4.2kWp, then you'll end up with a much lower FIT revenue than if you went for 4.0kW or slightly under.
only if the installer does something silly like putting the peak rating of the panels on the form rather than the peak AC output of the system.

jamesingram

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 08:11:08 PM »

Bit confused by that Gavin ? from SSE , FEED IN TARIFF APPLICATION FORM
"Declared Net Capacity (kW): The declared net capacity is the installed capacity (size) of the system you have installed"
I presumed this was the peak panel rating as Ivan suggests , Have I got this wrong , is it the peak inverter rating ?
eg SMA 3800 = 3.8kW even if you've installed say 4.2kWp of panels  wackoold
BruceB

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 08:24:01 PM »

I am pretty certain that most people involved with installing solar panels for the first year of the FIT regime thought that Total Installed Capacity and Declared Net Capacity had something to do the the size of the solar array.  However, if the array is larger than the inverter then it is actually the inverter output that is the relevant figure as that is all that will ever be fed to the grid.  It is clear from reading other forums as well that many installers still have not realised this.  The statutory definitions of TIC and DNC are out there if you have a while to peruse them.  They do take some disentangling though.
Regards
Bruce
jamesingram

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 09:43:15 PM »

Thanks Bruce ,
probably a question better asked on the G83 topic , but could you clear up , some more confusion around this area ?

moved it to G83 thread.
aha http://www.ownergy.co.uk/library/gosple/F2RCAP1d.pdf
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:21:52 PM by jamesingram » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: