navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evoco / Gaia 3-phase  (Read 7168 times)
dhaslam

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 05:43:06 PM »

The figures are a bit confused.   It was commissioned on  15.5.08 and removed on 6.5.10 which is about two years so 24,867  for that period is about  12,500 per annum.   The graph suggests that the measurement period was from 13.6.08 to 26.4.10 but that may be because there were initial problems and the  first four weeks were discounted.  If you place the cursor over the graph it will show running totals and dates and between  25.11.08 and 25.2.09 it clocked up  7477 kWh which is  just about 30,000 kWh per annum but of course wind would normally be stronger in winter.   The duration  of 9.7 months operation is contradicted by the graph and by the other dates.     

DHW 250 litre cylinder  60 X 47mm tubes
Heating  180,000 litre straw insulated seasonal store, 90X58mm tubes + 7 sqm flat collectors, 1 kW VAWT, 3 kW heatpump plus Walltherm gasifying stove
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 02:04:22 PM »

Any news from your friend Ted?

Hi Charlie, sorry for the delay in replying.

It turns out he and Gaia parted company a couple of months ago.  But he says they have had a single phase machine on test in the USA for the past two years. No idea when it might appear in the UK.

Volunteer moderator
pkmwgs

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 11:19:01 AM »

Hi ted,
Did you have any sucess in changing the chip on your windyboy inverter?
my own seems to pull more out the wind since changeover. we have had a few good windy days here in donegal over the last week. sunny ones also.
Biff did your friend with the proven turbine problems get it sorted out yet? if not i would like to help.
thanks patrick
bielec

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »

I heard today that all the Evoco 10 units were being recalled due to a technical fault.  A cracking mounting plate. Does anyone else have more information?
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 11:51:39 PM »

hi patrick,
        yes he got fixed up fine, have you got a proven for sale,?
                                                                     biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
charlieb

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 03:05:36 PM »

Yes Bielec,
My installer (currently going to planning) rang me up and explained. Evoco are repairing all turbines already installed as per their warranty, and apparently paying up for lost generation during the downtime. New turbines will have the repair done before install, but the underlying design isn't being chnaged I think.    Installer seemed thoroughly impressed by how honest and open they're being.
 If anyone's heard otherwise I'd be really grateful for info. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: