navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who actually pays the FIT?  (Read 3069 times)
danny-solar

« on: December 21, 2009, 08:05:28 PM »

I was told from Southern Electric today that all energy suppliers depending on size have to hand over money to a central money pot to be able to pay customers the FIT.  I presumed they knew what they were on about but it got me thinking (again).
With the Government grant ending on 31st March 2010 am i correct in suggesting that the Government in no way at all is funding the renewable energy or Solar PV in question.

Please enlighten me someone.

Thanks

4kwp BP solar system with steca 2000 setup + 2kwp Sanyo with SMA 2000HF + 4kwp Hyundai "all black" with SMA 3000TL.  12 kw wood burner. Air to air heat pump. Heat recovery ventilation.
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 08:38:17 PM »

SE are right. Each electricity customer will have to pay a small extra amount on each bill to their supplier which will be passed into a central account (a process called levelisation).  This amount will then be distributed back to the suppliers for them to pay to each FITs customer based on the kWh they have generated.

None of this will be financed by central government - other than indirectly to facilitate various parts of the mechanism via OFGEM, Gemserv, etc.

Volunteer moderator
danny-solar

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 09:04:39 PM »

Totally answered my question - thanks.  Seems strange how the government wants the public to move forward on Renewable energy but wont be funding anything to incourage the general public on having any renewable source installed.  I know the FITs are being introduced but this is not contributed by the Government.  

4kwp BP solar system with steca 2000 setup + 2kwp Sanyo with SMA 2000HF + 4kwp Hyundai "all black" with SMA 3000TL.  12 kw wood burner. Air to air heat pump. Heat recovery ventilation.
Patrick123

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 10:39:15 PM »

Seems strange how the government wants the public to move forward on Renewable energy but wont be funding anything to incourage the general public on having any renewable source installed.  I know the FITs are being introduced but this is not contributed by the Government.   

instead of: GeneralPublic -> funding the government (Taxes) -> funding renewable energy
you get :  General Public -> funding FIT's to stimulate renewable energy

works fine by me, + applies the principle 'the polluter pays'

The government = the general public (or should be...)
Paulh_Boats

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 11:30:07 PM »

SE are right. Each electricity customer will have to pay a small extra amount on each bill to their supplier which will be passed into a central account (a process called levelisation).  This amount will then be distributed back to the suppliers for them to pay to each FITs customer based on the kWh they have generated.

None of this will be financed by central government - other than indirectly to facilitate various parts of the mechanism via OFGEM, Gemserv, etc.

I wonder what will happen to my nPower juice account - 100% offshore wind power?   I predict a riot signing up for green electricity if it is rightfully exempt from the "dirty tax".

-Paul

30 tube thermal,
2.3kW PV see:
http://www.solarmanpv.com/portal/Terminal/TerminalMain.aspx?come=Public&pid=17067

LED lighting in every room
NO tumble dryer, +370 kWh per year
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: